Pumpkin Pie Martini & Mocktail
Here’s a sneaky way to get in an extra serving of vegetables – for you or your kids! This is an adaptable drink with a pumpkin puree base. Use your favorite essential oil that you have on hand. Mix a big batch for yourself and your family, and store some in the fridge for later. Cheers!
- 1 Tbsp. pumpkin pureé
- 1 ½ oz. vodka
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 drop essential oil – Wild Orange, OnGuard, Cinnamon, Cassia or Ginger
- Squeeze of fresh lime wedge to “brighten” the taste (optional)
Mix all the chilled ingredients in a cocktail shaker or jar with ice and shake well. Pour into a rimmed glass and enjoy.
- Dip the rim of the glass in caramel sauce and then dip in gluten free cookie crumbs.
- Maybe try our favorite – Ginger Snap crumbs.
- Rub a lime wedge around the rim and dip into sugar or cinnamon sugar.
Kid’s Mocktail Version
- Mix pumpkin, orange juice and 1 drop Wild Orange essential oil and shake well.
- Pour into a prepared glass over ice
- Top with ginger ale and a natural maraschino cherry.
For Italian soda version, add a splash of milk or cream of your choice.